Feb 1, 2005

1st personal effect of Globalization!

I was using Sprint PCS wireless service for last few years and i had no problem with the quality of service. Now in my new job, I have to travel outside of United States, guess what, I have to switch to a different wireless service.(GSM)

Why? because i need GSM phone outside of US and i don't want to carry 2 phones. I called SprintPCS and said "Good Bye" to them.

I was thinking little bit about what will happen to these different wireless technologies in next 10years as the effect of globalization rolls out...

If a technology(like CDMA) can not scale geographically, will it die? Can globalization merge 110v/220v?
One thing for sure is globalization do have effect on technology.(not just tech jobs)

Uday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home