Storage Developer Conference '07
I attended this conference for first time here in San Jose and it was a great experience. (i like the venue)
Key take away from this conference are:
- move towards application(i call this as AOS- Application Oriented Storage)
- move towards general purpose hardware & cheap hardware
- move towards open standards
- move towards open source (Aperi is an example)
- raise of Ethernet and slow death of Fibre Channel?
- It looks like FCoE is the bridge for move towards ether?
- XML/Webservice for management