Mobile App Revolution
I recently read an article about the mobile application ecosystem revolution. I forgot the source and here is it-
- 100 million smart phones sold last year.
- Much more than 250 million smart phones will be sold next year.
- More than a billion smart phones will be sold annually within ten years.
- That’ll mean an installed customer base of two billion people using smart phones and the apps that run on them by the year 2020.
- Those two billion customers will be using dozens if not hundreds of apps each every year.
- That means we’re talking about several hundred billion different apps being consumed every year within a decade from now.
There is no need to talk about the web infrastructure opportunities in the app server & database space.